We have to say that this latest covid ‘stay at home’ order, with no forewarning, completely blind-sided us and knocked us off our feet for a few days. We have gone through a full range of emotions from anger to fear to forced acceptance as we processed what this shut down meant for our business and livelihood. Unfortunately, we had to cancel all of our overnight bookings for 1-month during this ‘stay at home’ order.
But, as the saying goes, “if life gives you lemons, we’re gonna make lemonade”. We are so fortunate to live in a wilderness oasis with endless space to explore and no cell service to disconnect and be immersed in the present moment. In these times, it is increasingly important to focus on our own physical and mental well-being. Nature is a ‘natural healer’ and we feel a sense of duty to open our grounds so people have a safe space to enjoy outdoor physical activity, breath fresh air, release accumulated tension, have fun, share some laughs and create memories.
With some creative planning and the local health units support, we have the approval to open our tubing park and winter activities, as well as, our accommodations for day use only. Unfortunately, overnight stays are not allowed during the ‘stay at home’ order.
To ensure a safe environment, we have to limit and manage our numbers for social distancing, particularly in the tubing park. Here is a summary of what we have planned during these lockdowns.
This year, we have created a ‘family adventure passport’, which will include the following activities:
- Tubing/sliding – 1 hour time slots (reserved in advance)
- 1 km groomed hiking loop with scavenger hunt – find all 10 Northern Ontario animals
- Short trail with an educational and interactive story – help ‘Foxy’ find her way home
- Outdoor snow play area with snow mountains, obstacle course and slack lines
- Outdoor bonfire (coordinated by household unit)
- Photo contest – submit your best photos to be entered into a draw for prizes
- Trail pass included for anyone looking to enjoy our more extensive trail network
As spots for the ‘family adventure passport’ are limited, guests will need to reserve in advance and the pricing reflects that it is an exclusive product at this time.
Please visit https://naturesharmony.ca/winter-day-pass-covid-update for more information!