‘Run Off-the-Grid’ Race
The Date: September 20, 2014
Start Location: Nature’s Harmony Ecolodge, Mattawa, ON
Start Times: 9:00 am (37km, 50km) ; 10:00 am (12.5km, 25km)
Course: 12.5 Km Loop – repeat loops are in opposite direction. 100% trails with a variety of terrain.
Time limit: 8 hours. Must make the first 25 km loop in under 4 hours to continue for the 50 km.
Cap: There is a 200 runner cap on this year’s event. If the cap is reached before race day, we will start a waiting list. There will only be race day entries if the cap is not reached.
12K – $55 Early Bird (Before August 31, 2014), $65 After
25K – $70 Early Bird (Before August 31, 2014), $80 After
37K – $75 Early Bird (Before August 31, 2014), $85 After
50K – $80 Early Bird (Before August 31, 2014), $90 After
Post race meal for all participants included (addtional meal tickets are $15 per person, $8 per child)
Early Registration Promotion:
Register by Friday, July 18, 2014 to be eligible for one of the following prize giveaways:
- A pair of passes to Treetop Trekking’s zipline course (winner can choose any 1 of the 5 Ontario locations)
- A free race registration to the 2015 Run Off-the-Grid
- A free race registration to the 2015 ‘Into the White’ snowshoe race
What does the Run Off-the-Grid Support?
- Local food bank – we feel it is important to give back to our local community and $5 from each registration is donated to our local Mattawa Food Bank. A collection box will also be available on race day for donations of non-perishable food items.
- Greening Nipissing – proceeds from this event and 100% of camping fees will be donated to Greening Nipissing, a local charity that demonstrates, promotes and encourages environmentally-friendly practices within the community. The proceeds will be used by Greening Nipissing, in partnership with Nature’s Harmony, to fund an eco-project in the Mattawa area.
- The vision of Nature’s Harmony – remaining profits from this event are invested back into Nature’s Harmony to further our vision of connecting people with nature and the great outdoors while demonstrating sustainable living practices and instilling an enthusiasm towards greater sustainability through experiential learning and youth programming.
What else do I get?
Early birds are guaranteed a T-shirt; all particpants are eligible for random draws from the prize table.
Awards: First male & female overall for each category.
Prizes: Hand crafted medallions for all participants. 1st place male/female receive beautiful hand-carved wood trophies. Check out our sponsorship page for a list of the prize table items.
Camping: camping is available at Nature’s Harmony event site for both Friday and Saturday. Campers or trailers are welcome. Sorry no hydro hook ups. Amenities include: compost toilet facilities, eco-showers, hot sauna, two large group fire pit area’s with cooking grills, swimming in the Bay and play area for children. Drinking water will be provided.
Camping Fee – $10/person/night (children of race participants will be free). 100% of camping fees will be donated to Greening Nipissing, a local charity that demonstrates, promotes and encourages environmentally-friendly practices within the community.
Facilities: Washrooms & eco-showers at start/finish, water stations, hot sauna, swimming in the Ottawa River
Aid Stations: Start/finish and roughly every 3 km. Water, heed, electrolytes and a variety of sweet and salty treats and fruit.
Medical Support: At start/finish. First aid kits at all aid stations.
Post Race: Post race meal, awards and evening after-party including bonfire and accoustic tunes.
Directors: Jennifer Demille, Tzach Elnekave
Directions: Click on Contact Us.
Car Pooling: This is the race with the smallest footprint and we strongly encourage car pooling. Please click on our Run Off-the-Grid Facebook link below to coordinate carpooling and connect with other race participants.
Accommodation: Nature’s Harmony also offers cabin, yurt and glamping accommodation options. As well, there are many other local accommodations available within a 15 minute drive. See link below.
Other local accommodations:
Registration: 2014 Registration is now open! Please click on link below: